In previous costing videos and detailed articles we told our viewers in detail about house construction costs for grey structure and finishing separately. We had many queries about combined construction cost of house. In this video and article we will tell our viewers briefly without calculating quantities about overall 5 marla house construction cost. This cost article is just for the guidance of laymen who are interested in getting their house constructed on their own and as told before we do not recommend a complete GREY + FINISH turnkey contract if you are intending to get your house built by a construction company.
This article and video is dedicated for a 5 marla plot only. Per square feet construction cost of a smaller house is alway higher as compared to big houses due to various reasons. It is to be noted here that this article and video will briefly explain about complete 5 marla house construction cost. For detailed calculations you will have to refer to our previous costing videos in which we have explained grey structure and finishing cost separately with quantities.
In this combined construction cost video for GREY + FINISH for a 5 marla house, grey structure considered is of the PREMIUM PLUS grade quality without any compromise as we have always recommended that even if your are on a tighter budget, there should be no compromise in grey structure quality. For finishing we have explained cost for three different grades as following:
- Economical finish (B grade)
- Standard finish (A grade)
- Premium finish (A+ grade)
Project considered for this costing is a 5 marla house that has following specifications:
- Ground floor
- First floor
- 150 sqft rooftop servant quarter
- Total 1900 sqft covered area
- Normal depth 5-6ft for foundations from NSL till FFL
HIT REFRESH BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER IF TABLE DOESN’T LOAD AUTOMATICALLY
• Possible ±5% Variation is possible in cost shown in video
• Rates applicable on Brick structures only
• Add Rs 150-200 for frame structure construction
• Skills required to achieve this cost:
o Past experience
o Quality & honest labor o Labor management skills
o Quality, timely & cost effective material procurement
• Factors such as construction inexperience, unusual covered areas, frequent wear & tears, fraudulent labor etc can effect this cost figure
• Hire professional company which will add a figure of 300 Rs/sq.ft minimum as margin.
• Basement grey structure will cost minimum 2029 Rs/sq.ft